Frequently Asked Tax Questions and Accounting Questions
- Why do I have to fill out a tax organizer?
- What are some of the advantages of a professionally-prepared tax return?
- What are some major reasons people get audited?
- Why do people fail IRS audits?
- Do I have to file a tax return?
- What are the advantages of electronic filing of tax returns?
- Why do I need an accountant?
- How do I choose the best entity for my business?
You don’t! Accu-Tax and Financial Services operates differently than most tax preparation services that require you to decide where every number should go and do all the work yourself. We want to take your stress away by making it as easy as possible for you. Just bring us your paperwork and we’ll figure it all out. We’ll ask you questions about anything that is unclear.
- Professional, expert advice provides up-to-the-minute tax legislation that may lower your taxes.
- Reduces the possibility of audit through accurate and compliant tax return preparation.
- Home financing and business loans may be more easily obtained with professionally-prepared tax returns.
- You can get refunds faster through electronic filing.
- No hassles, no headaches.
- Extremely large medical expenses deducted on Sch. A
- Employee expenses, particularly mileage
- Subcontractor 1099 payments
As long as you have impeccable records you have nothing to worry about.
- They don’t keep accurate books.
- They don’t retain receipts & canceled checks.
- They co-mingle money. Personal and business funds should always be kept separately.
Filing requirements depend on your income and other factors. Call Accu-Tax for a free phone consultation regarding your personal filing requirements.
There are several advantages to “e-filing.” Your refund gets to you faster. Also, there is electronic proof that the IRS received your return. Accu-Tax does not charge an additional fee for e-filing, and you have more security.
The key to keeping any business functioning properly is to keep a tight rein on the financial aspects of the business. At Accu-Tax and Financial Services, we know that all too often, the search for an accountant begins when the business owner finds him or herself in a bind—especially around tax time. Almost all business owners, whether their business is big or small, discover they will eventually need to find the best accounting advice they can get. It is far better to find accountant services at the beginning of a business endeavor and avoid waiting until the last minute to find a qualified local accountant to assist with business tax planning and management.
How you legally structure your organization will impact the amount of taxes you pay and the manner in which you pay them as well as determining your personal liability for circumstances that arise during the course of your business. We will be happy to discuss the ramifications of choices such as incorporating your business—or remaining a sole proprietor or partnership, and different types of corporate and partnership structures.
Still have tax, billing, payroll or accounting questions?
If you still have questions, let us know what they are and we’d be glad to help you get the answers. You may also want to schedule a consultation.